Monday, August 02, 2004

Breakfast

Strong words and unhappy looks between S and her mom at breakfast this morning. Mom’s friend appeared to be trying to mediate. My name coming up more often than made me comfortable. Brother was absent. Mom was cold. Not sure what’s going on, but S is over there now in her mom’s room yelling.

Her brother just brought the box of chocolates I had given to mom back to our room – not a good sign. (Life is like a box of chocolates, all melted and gooey.)

Beginning to study my Chinese phrasebook more intensively as in case I have to go it alone.

Shit, they’re yelling again. And now S’s mom is weeping. Audibly weeping. What drama! This is awful. Calgon take me way. Back to America. The good news: only 23 more days to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Get Firefox