Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Phone Card Shake-Up

I'm formally withdrawing my endorsement of the $20 Las Vegas Dream phone card. The night before last, when I called China, the recording said I had 6 hours and change left. My phone call lasted about 15 minutes. Yesterday I called China again and I only had 8 minutes left! I've tried the customer service number listed on card (it's 1-800-671-0281 if you want to fight for me). After going through a phone tree, I get put on hold for a couple minutes, then disconnected. I assuming it's a lost cause. Perhaps they went out of business.

I picked up a new card today: the $25 EasternCard (which retails for $16.) It only comes with 800 minutes to China (about ¢2/min). The Las Vegas Dream card supposedly gave you 1300 min for $20 (¢1.5/min). But even apart from the disappearing 6 hours, I think they were shaving off minutes at every turn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Get Firefox