Thursday, July 29, 2004

Friday Morning in Seoul

Or is it Saturday morning?

I'm at an internet lounge in the airport. 40 minutes for US $2. Not a bad deal. The exchange rate between the US dollar and the Korean -- whatever it is (I could Google it, but I'm on the clock -- is about a 1000 to 1. A 1000 Korean credits for US $1.

Flight was smooth. I have notes, but I'll add those when I have more leisure.

Just noticed a magazine rack with a Korean magazine "Friday" with someone who looks a lot like Valerie Bertinelli on the front. Maybe she's huge in South Korea.

Anyway, I scouted the duty-free shops for any North Koreaniana for Matt, but thus far, nothing. I figure my chances will be better in the more chaotic and ideologically compatible environs of Beijing (though in truth, I would wager there are more communists in the English dept. at Yale than the entire Chinese communist party nowadays.)

Now, to find out how much a Snickers cost in Korean Won (I just Googled "Korean currency.")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Get Firefox