Friday, July 30, 2004

Seoul Layover

Arrived in Seoul a couple hours ago – 4am local time. Airport is lovely, modern, clean – at 4 am, empty. Took a couple photos – I liked the restroom with the baseball card of the janitor on the towel dispenser. (Later I saw the janitor himself!) Probably there more for the sake of intimidating him to do a good job than celebrating the job he does. But as a former bathroom-cleaner, I’d like to take the more optimistic view. My flight to Beijing doesn’t board until 10am.

We were fed well on the flight here. Had something called “Bibimbap” – a sort of salmon-rice salad (very tasty.) And later on, an omelette – which rated closer to the mean for airline food.

All together a smooth flight, with very pretty stewardesses with no discernible attitude (in English, at least.) I did not sleep so well, though I was able to get an open emergency-aisle seat. Still, I got a bit of reading done and I’ve been on flights to San Francisco that have seemed longer.

I wouldn’t mind getting a snack but don’t want to hassle exchanging currencies. It’s only a 2-hour flight to Beijing once we take off. I imagine there will be snacks. But it may be a while before I see another Snickers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Get Firefox